Passion Fruit Margaritas
Passion fruit margaritas are the perfect elevated cocktail. If you love margaritas, you’ll love this tropical passion fruit version that’s perfect for sipping poolside!
If you haven’t ever had passion fruit, it is honestly one of my favorite flavors ever. It’s fresh, bright, a little sour, and so great in a cocktail. I actually use it in a lot of cocktail recipes, like my passion fruit whiskey sour and the best ever mai tai.
How to make Passion Fruit Margaritas
These passion fruit margaritas are a breeze to make! It’s easy to make a pitcher for a party or gathering, too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Tequila. I’m using a tequila blanco here for a clean flavor, but you can sub in reposado if that’s what you like. My favorite brands are TEREMANA and CASAMIGOS.
- Grand Marnier. Margaritas always call for an orange liqueur or ‘triple sec.’ I find that Grand Marnier gives the best flavor, but you can also use Cointreau or a more budget-friendly generic triple sec.
- Fresh lime juice. Fresh lime juice is a MUST. Please don’t buy those little green bottles shaped like limes. Buy fresh lime juice, or buy some limes and juice them yourself!
- Passion fruit juice. If you have easy access to fresh passion fruits, don’t hesitate to use them here! They’re expensive to come by and so I use this passion fruit puree from Amazon.
- Simple syrup. Passion fruit is very tart and the puree I use doesn’t have much sugar so a little simple syrup helps balance the margarita and keep it from being too sour.
- Tajin. I love the contrast of a little spice here so I always coat my margarita glass rims in tajin! Swap in salt or sugar or a combo if that suits your tastes better.
Having a party? Make a pitcher! (8-10 servings)
In a large pitcher combine:
- 2 cups Tequila
- 1 cup Grand Marnier (or Cointreau/Triple Sec)
- 3/4 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup Passion Fruit Puree
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
Never add ice to the pitcher! This dilutes the drink. Stir the drink well and pour over ice in a rocks glass. Salúd!
How to make Dehydrated Lime Slices
I’m a little extra with my cocktails and I absolutely love a classy garnish. These dehydrated lime slices look so beautiful and they’re easy to make and store.
2 limes, thinly sliced
Preheat an oven to 225 degrees F. Place a rack over a baking sheet and arrange the lime slices on top and then put tray in the oven for 4 hours or so, until the slices are dark in color and very dry. Cool to room temperature before using and store in an airtight container.
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes to Try
This post may contain affiliate links from which I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links allow me to keep providing great recipes for free and I never recommend products that I don’t love and personally own.
Passion Fruit Margaritas
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. grand marnier or cointreau
- 1 oz. passion fruit puree
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- tajin or salt for the rim
- dehydrated lime slices for garnish
- Dip the rim of a double rocks glass in a small amount of water and then dip into a container filled with salt or tajin and fill with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, grand marnier, passion fruit, lime, and simple syrup with a couple cubes of ice and shake vigorously. Strain into the prepared cocktail glass and garnish with a dehydrated lime slice, if desired.