Strawberry Gin Lemonade
Strawberry gin lemonade is a refreshing and easy summer cocktail recipe that’s perfect for enjoying poolside. I love a light gin cocktail in the summer and this one is bright, citrusy, and so fresh!
You don’t need to be a fancy mixologist to make great cocktails and this strawberry gin lemonade will prove it! You’ll feel like you’re enjoying a cocktail from a fancy bar, but really you’ll be enjoying it from the comfort of your home.
I’ve also got instructions for making a pitcher below! Strawberry gin lemonade is perfect for a party.
A Refreshing Summer Cocktail Recipe
I have always been all about the citrus-forward cocktails, especially in the summer! Fresh lemon and lime juice just absolutely makes a cocktail. This strawberry gin lemonade is refreshing and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor–perfect for sipping all summer long!
I don’t like to over-sweeten my cocktails, so if you find it a little tart, I encourage you to up the quantity of strawberry syrup. Adjust the recipe according to your tastes! You can also skip the gin entirely for a delicious strawberry lemonade.
If you’re feeling extra ambitious and adventurous, I recommend you try your hand at making your own lemonade! It’s so much better than store bought and really takes this strawberry gin lemonade to the next level.
How to Make Strawberry Gin Lemonade
This cocktail will be on repeat once you see how easy it is to make!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Strawberries. You’ll need strawberries for the strawberry syrup and chopped strawberries for muddling.
- Gin. If you aren’t a gin person, try swapping in vodka or even tequila here.
- Lemonade. I highly suggest making your own here!
- Fresh mint. Fresh mint, strawberries, and lemon are a match made in cocktail heaven!
- Ice. Did you know that you can buy bags of Sonic ice? My literal favorite ice for cocktails!
- Sparkling water. This is optional, but I love cutting the lemonade with some bubbles.
- Step one: Make your strawberry syrup. Combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar dissolves and then simmer for 10-15 minutes, until red in color. Cool to room temperature and strain. This can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Step two: Muddle chopped strawberries, strawberry syrup, and mint in a cocktail glass. Add the gin and stir to combine.
- Step three: Fill the glass with ice and pour the lemonade on top. Top with sparkling water if desired and garnish with a mint sprig.
Best Gins for Strawberry Gin Lemonade
With so few ingredients, you want to make sure that your gin fits the cocktail! Here are my favorite gins:
Hendricks. Hendrick’s is a Scottish gin with wonderful notes of rose and cucumber. It’s a refreshing herbal spirit that pairs so nicely with lemon and strawberry. Want to take things further? Try Hedrick’s Neptunia gin.
The Botanist. Another Scottish gin, the botanist is a super citrus-forward gin with notes of lemon zest and chamomile.
Empress 1908 Gin. Empress is a Canadian gin infused with butterfly pea tea, giving it a blueish-purple hue. It’s a fresh and floral gin that gives cocktails a beautiful aesthetic and flavor!
You really can use any gin that you like, I just don’t tend to go in for the overly juniper-forward gins.
Having a Party? Make a Strawberry Gin Lemonade Pitcher! (8-10 Servings)
Strawberry gin lemonade is an excellent party cocktail and you can make a pitcher ahead of your guests arriving for ease!
In a pitcher combine:
- 2 cups gin
- 1 cup strawberry syrup
- 5-6 mint sprigs
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 4 cups lemonade
Chill for at least 2 hours so that the flavors have time to meld. When it’s time to serve, fill cocktail glasses with ice and divide the cocktail mixture among the glasses. Top with sparkling soda water (if desired) and garnish with fresh mint.
Never put ice in the pitcher! This waters down the drink–it’s better to put ice directly in the glasses and divide the strawberry gin lemonade on top.
Making Lemonade from Scratch
Making lemonade from scratch really takes this strawberry gin lemonade to the next level! If you haven’t made lemonade before, it’s so easy. You can juice your own lemons (especially if you have a lemon tree!), but I usually just buy fresh lemon juice from the store. Make sure you’re not buying the plastic bottles shaped like a lemon! If the juice isn’t refrigerated, it isn’t fresh.
To make your own lemonade: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a heat proof container. Stir and microwave until warm. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Combine 2 cups fresh lemon juice with 1 1/2 cups water and the syrup mixture you just made.
Chill for 1 hour. You can keep homemade lemonade for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Summer Cocktails to Try Now
This post may contain affiliate links from which I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links allow me to keep providing great recipes for free and I never recommend products that I don’t love and personally own.
Strawberry Gin Lemonade
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
Strawberry Gin Lemonade
- 1 oz strawberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberry
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 oz gin
- 3 oz lemonade
- sparkling water, for topping (optional)
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the strawberry syrup in a small saucepan. Stir, and bring to a simmer making sure that all the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until red in color. Cool to room temperature and strain into an airtight container.
- In a cocktail glass, muddle the strawberry syrup, chopped strawberries, and mint leaves together until the strawberries are mashed.
- Add the gin and stir to combine. Fill the glass with ice and top with lemonade. Top with sparkling water, if desired, and garnish with a mint sprig.