Bacon Leek Frittata
Frittatas are one of my favorite easy brunch recipes and this bacon and leek frittata recipe is a new breakfast staple. Crispy bacon, tender leeks, creamy boursin cheese, and perfect custardy eggs that aren’t spongy or overcooked. Sounds perfect, right?
This is an easy hands-off breakfast recipe that’s perfect for Mother’s Day or any holiday breakfast. It’s flavorful and easy to make, leaving more time to spend with friends and loved ones. Plus, you only need a handful of ingredients so you look like a kitchen pro with minimal effort.
Watch my bacon and leek frittata web story here.
What is a Frittata?
Think quiche, but crustless! This bacon and leek frittata recipe is a stovetop to oven situation that requires no fancy tools or equipment and no fussing with pie crust.
Bacon is slow cooked in a nonstick skillet until crispy and then the leeks are cooked in a bit of that bacon fat until tender. Then just add whisked eggs, top with cheese, and into the oven it goes! It’s as simple as that.
I’ve partnered with Calphalon to bring you this fantastic recipe. I used their 10” Nonstick Premier Hard-Anodized skillet which goes straight from the stove to the oven (up to 450 F) to the dishwasher, making this recipe a breeze to prepare, serve, and clean up!
Their nonstick cookware is so high quality and some of my favorite pieces to cook with. Head to their website to browse their cookware collections and be sure to use the code JENNY25 for 25% off site wide (excluding sale items).
How to make a Bacon and Leek Frittata
This recipe is a breeze to throw together for an easy brunch or breakfast. You only need a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Thick cut bacon
- Half and Half
- Boursin Cheese or Goat Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Step one: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and the fat has rendered. Transfer the bacon to a plate and remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Step two: Increase the heat to medium and add the sliced leeks. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Step three: While the leeks cook, whisk the eggs with the half and half, salt, and pepper until smooth. Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 375 F!
- Step four: Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir a bit to evenly distribute the leeks. Sprinkle the bacon and crumbled cheese on top and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Step five: Bake for about 15-17 minutes, just until the eggs look puffed and set. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the skillet before transferring to a plate. Sprinkle with chives and serve!
Tips for a Perfect Bacon and Leek Frittata
Use full fat dairy. This recipe calls for half and half, but you could also have success with heavy cream or whole milk or even sour cream in a pinch. Don’t swap in low fat or fat-free milk, you’ll end up with a frittata that is less custardy.
Don’t skip the cheese. Cheese always makes a frittata infinitely better! I love opting for a creamy cheese like boursin or goat cheese, but you could also stir in some shredded cheddar or parmesan.
Don’t overcook the frittata. A frittata can go from cooked to overcooked in a flash! Be sure to keep your eye on it while it cooks. You’re looking for the eggs to be puffed and just a little jiggly in the center (it’ll finish cooking as it rests).
Storing your Bacon and Leek Frittata
Frittatas are actually one of my favorite things to use for weekly meal prep. They reheat really well and can be a fast grab-and-go breakfast option.
Once your frittata is cool, cut it into slices and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can actually enjoy the pieces cold, room temperature, or pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds.
More Easy Brunch Recipes to Try
This recipe is part of a sponsored campaign with Calphalon. Sponsored posts and brand partnerships (with brands that align with my values and commitment to quality) allow me to keep providing quality recipes at no cost to you! All opinions are my own in regards to any products or brands that I may highlight.
Bacon and Leek Frittata
- 5 strips thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 leek, top removed, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 oz boursin or herb goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- Preheat an oven to 375 F. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add the diced bacon to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and the fat is rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the leeks. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the leeks are tender. Once the leeks are tender, pour the whisked eggs into the skillet. Stir slightly to evenly distribute the leeks.
- Sprinkle the top of the frittata with the crispy bacon and cheese. Transfer the skillet to the oven for 16-18 minutes, until the eggs are puffed and just barely jiggle. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the skillet.
- Transfer the frittata to a plate, sprinkle with minced chives, and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.