Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
This strawberry smoothie bowl is the perfect easy breakfast recipe that feels decadent but is actually healthy! I love a quick breakfast on the go and so I usually turn to a quick smoothie. While I love a good smoothie, a smoothie bowl feels decadent while being healthy and super customizable.
Imagine eating ice cream for breakfast but it’s actually good for you! This recipe is extra thick and creamy thanks to using skyr as part of the smoothie base. I love this strawberry smoothie bowl recipe because it’s easy to swap in your favorite fruits and toppings. This will be a new go-to!
My Go-To Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
These smoothie bowls are packed with strawberry flavor and nutritious ingredients. They’re my favorite way to fit fruit, dairy, and protein into my diet in a fun and delicious package.
This isn’t simply a smoothie poured into a bowl, like the name might suggest. This strawberry smoothie bowl is super thick and made using skyr (or yogurt), frozen fruit, and milk to create an ice cream-like consistency.
The best part about a smoothie bowl? The toppings! I’m a total toppings fanatic and it’s so easy to add your favorites on top.
What is Skyr?
If you’re unfamiliar with skyr, get ready to have your life changed! It’s an amazingly creamy, rich, and nourishing yogurt-like product from Iceland. Skyr has been enjoyed in Iceland for thousands of years and makes the perfect addition to desserts, breakfasts, and sauces.
This recipe uses Skyr from ICELANDIC PROVISIONS–the creamiest skyr on the market to make our smoothie bowls extra thick and creamy. Not sure where to find skyr? Check out this helpful product locator HERE.
How to make a Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is so easy to make. You will need a high-powered blender to get the thick texture.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Skyr. I love using skyr because it’s super thick and creamy. I used the strawberry-lingonberry flavor here, but you can use your favorite. You can also swap in your favorite thick greek yogurt.
- Frozen fruit. I use frozen strawberries in this recipe, but you can use your favorites like banana, mango, peaches, etc.
- Honey. Honey adds a little sweetness to balance the tart strawberries.
- Milk. I use oat milk here, but you can use your favorite!
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl Toppings
Smoothie bowls are all about the toppings! Here are some of my favorite options.
- Nut butters. Peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella, cashew butter, etc.
- Nuts. Toasted almonds, walnuts, cashews, brazil nuts.
- Fruit. Sliced fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, banana, dragon fruit, pineapple, etc.
- Seeds. Chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Chocolate. Chocolate chips or cacao nibs make this feel like a decadent treat.
- Coconut. Some coconut flakes on top are one of my favorites!
- Granola. Make your own or use your favorite store-bought for some crunch.
More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes to Try
This recipe is part of a sponsored campaign with Icelandic Provisions. Sponsored posts and brand partnerships (with brands that align with my values and commitment to quality) allow me to keep providing quality recipes at no cost to you! All opinions are my own in regards to any products or brands that I may highlight.
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2/3 cup strawberry skyr (or yogurt)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Combine all the smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before blending. Blend until well-combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings. Enjoy immediately.