If your family is like mine, your Thanksgiving table needs ALCOHOL. And possibly lots of it, depending on the family. This bourbon apple cider fizz is a really easy, festive cocktail that can be made in pitcher form to serve a crowd. If you want a slightly less boozy cocktail, substitute in sparkling apple cider. Now, I know some of you grumble about having a component you have to make yourself. Well, SUCK IT UP. Great cocktails require a little bit of elbow grease. And the preparations for this syrup are as simple as throwing everything in a pot over a low flame, setting a timer, and sitting down to watch an episode of your favorite show on Netflix. You’ll look like a pro-bartender at your next gathering. Like one of those guys who looks like a barber from the 1800s. Enjoy!
I love a good holiday cocktail and this one is so easy and delicious! It can easily be made non-alcoholic so that everyone can enjoy!
Bourbon Apple Cider Fizz
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz apple cider syrup
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz sparkling wine or sparkling apple cider
- cranberries, for garnish
Apple Cider Syrup
- 4 cups good quality apple cider
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- To make the apple cider syrup: combine apple cider, cinnamon sticks and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 20-30 min) and remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and allow to cool to room temperature. Discard cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the fridge for 1 month.
- To make the cocktail: Combine bourbon, apple cider syrup, lemon juice and a bit of ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a glass with ice. Top with sparkling wine or sparkling apple cider and garnish with cranberries.
This recipe can be multiplied as many times as necessary to make a pitcher. Keep the sparkling wine/cider separate until ready to serve.
If you want a less boozy cocktail, use sparkling apple cider instead of sparkling wine.