Easy Stawberry Crisp for Two
This small batch strawberry crisp is the perfect quick dessert for two. Gingery strawberry filling topped with a brown sugar and oat crisp? Yes please!
If you’re like me, maybe you find yourself buying strawberries with all the best intentions and not quite getting to them before they’re too ripe to enjoy. This strawberry crisp recipe is perfect for using up those ripe strawberries in your fridge for a dessert recipe that honestly takes 10 minutes to throw together.
How to make Easy Strawberry Crisp for Two
I love how easy this strawberry crisp is to throw together! It only requires a handful of ingredients, most of which are pantry staples.
Ingredients you’ll Need
- Strawberries. It’s not a strawberry crisp without strawberries! You can swap in frozen, if that’s what you have, just make sure to defrost them first.
- Sugar. Brown sugar in the crisp topping and white sugar in the filling.
- Ginger. Ginger is optional, but I think it really compliments the strawberries!
- Vanilla. Adding a bit of vanilla to the filling balances out the tart strawberries.
- Flour. Just a classic all-purpose flour here will do.
- Oats. If you don’t have oats, just add another 1/4 cup flour.
- Corn starch. Corn starch helps keep the filling nice and thick.
Making Strawberry Crisp Gluten-Free
I love this recipe because it’s so adaptable! If you want to make strawberry crisp gluten-free, either swap in your favorite gluten-free flour or the same amount of oat flour combined with the oats in the crisp topping. The filling is already gluten-free.
Doubling the Recipe
This recipe for strawberry crisp can be doubled or even tripled really easily! You can either use a larger baking vessel, or divide it between individual ramekins.
More Easy Baking Recipes to Try
This post may contain affiliate links from which I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links allow me to keep providing great recipes for free and I never recommend products that I don’t love and personally own
Small Batch Strawberry Crisp for Two
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 oz strawberries, top removed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crisp topping: in a small bowl, mix all ingredients together with a fork until all the ingredients are well mixed. Place in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl, toss all the filling ingredients together. Lightly grease a small baking dish (mine was about 6 inches in diameter, about 2 inches deep). Pour the filling and all the juices in the baking dish and top with the chilled crisp topping.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any overflow and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Allow to cool on a rack for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and serve.