Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
This grilled Greek chicken salad combines juicy marinated chicken breast, fresh veggies, and bold Greek flavors in an easy weeknight dinner. There’s a reason why greek chicken salad is so popular! This is one of my favorite salad recipes and it’s an easy go-to on busy weeknights.
I love a simple, healthy dinner that’s full of flavor and this grilled greek chicken salad fits the bill. Tender grilled chicken breast marinated in a mix of yogurt, olive oil, lemon, and herbs is my favorite way to enjoy chicken! You’re going to be blown away by how flavorful and juicy this chicken breast is.
Grilled Greek Chicken Salad: A Dinner-Worthy Salad
I love a salad for dinner, but I’m only into hearty and interesting salads! Salads with texture and full of flavor. I love this grilled Greek chicken salad because you can really load on the toppings here.
If you think that a salad for dinner won’t be filling or satisfying enough, I urge you to give this recipe a try! Load the salad up with as much of the grilled chicken as you want and really layer on those toppings! The combination of bold flavors and texture really leaves you feeling sated.
It’s also incredibly fresh and light for being so hearty. You’ll feel full and satisfied without realizing how healthy this salad recipe is.
The vinaigrette is my favorite dressing recipe to keep on hand! It’s the perfect blend of olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and herbs and is perfect on so many salads.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy – this recipe is so easy to throw together any night of the week! You only need a handful of ingredients for the marinade, most of which you probably already have. The chicken only needs to marinate for 30 minutes.
Great for meal prep – Grilled Greek chicken salad is easy to double or triple and re-heats like a dream. I love prepping all the ingredients for grilled Greek chicken salad and enjoying them throughout the week for lunch. The chicken is also great over rice with veggies.
Healthy – We try and live by the 80/20 rule at home. 80% whole and healthy foods and 20% indulgence. This grilled Greek chicken salad is super flavorful and filling while also being healthy! Lean (but so juicy!) chicken breast is full of protein which keeps us full longer. The chopped tomatoes and cucumbers have antioxidants and the dressing is a homemade combination of heart-healthy olive oil and red wine vinegar. This is a balanced and delicious dinner that you’ll turn to over and over again!
How to Make Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
This recipe only requires a few minute of prep! The chicken marinade is so easy and comes together with ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Chicken. I love using chicken breast here, but you can easily use chicken thighs or other lean proteins like pork tenderloin.
- Marinade. This is a simple chicken marinade made with yogurt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and garlic.
- Greens. Romaine is the most common green to use in grilled greek chicken salad, but use whatever you like! I like bulking my salads up with shredded cabbage.
- Veggies. Cucumber, red onion, and tomato are common but you can also use bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Toppings. Pepperoncini, kalamata olives, and cubed feta cheese are my favorite toppings!
- Dressing. This greek-inspired dressing is a simple combination of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, and herbs.
- Step one: Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. This step is optional, but I like to use a flat meat tenderizer to pound my chicken breast into an even thickness so that they cook evenly. Toss the chicken in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Step two: Combine all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, cover, and shake really well until the dressing is emulsified. You can also do this part in a blender, but a mason jar is the easiest way to mix the dressing and also store it.
- Step three: Chop all your veggies up! Cut the romaine into bite sized pieces. Then, chop the tomatoes and cucumber, slice the onions, and get the toppings together.
- Step four: Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked all the way through. The internal temperature should register at 165 F. Let the chicken rest, then slice it up.
- Step five: Assemble! Mix your greens with chopped veggies, top with grilled chicken, and then top with the feta, olives, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
Easy Greek Salad Dressing
This is my favorite all-purpose vinaigrette that I always have on hand! It’s so easy to make and store.
I like making the dressing in a mason jar because you can mix and store it in the same vessel. The dressing is a simple mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon, honey, garlic, and dried oregano. So simple, but so, so good.
You can make the dressing ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! And you’ll find so many ways to use it, but this grilled Greek chicken salad is a great place to start!
Storing, Freezing, and Re-Heating Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
To store grilled Greek chicken salad: Once assembled and dressed, the grilled Greek chicken salad is best eaten within a few hours of serving. However, the deconstructed elements of this salad may be stored separately in airtight containers for 4-6 days in the fridge.
Freezing grilled Greek chicken salad: You can very easily freeze the grilled chicken breast! Let the chicken cool to room temperature and then store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. Try to press most of the air out of the bag while sealing, this helps prevent freezer burn. Label and freeze for up to 3 months. I don’t recommend freezing the dressing.
Reheating: Leftovers of the grilled chicken can be microwaved, in a covered container, until steaming.
Meal prep tips: If you’re making this recipe for meal prep, I recommend that you store the ingredients in divided meal prep containers and assemble/toss with dressing right before eating.
More Salad Recipes to Try Now
This post contains affiliate links from which I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links allow me to keep providing great recipes for free and I never recommend products that I don’t love and personally own.
Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons mediterranean oregano
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mediterranean oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads romaine, washed and chopped
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6-8 pepperoncini, sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 5-6 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. It should register 165 F as an internal temperature. Let the chicken rest, then slice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar. Seal and shake really well for about 1 minute, until the dressing is emulsified. Alternately, you can combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 10-20 seconds.
- Divide the lettuce among bowls with the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, pepperoncini, and feta. Top with grilled chicken and drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.