Grilled cilantro-lime chicken is a year-round staple in our household. Tender chicken thighs marinated with an herby and flavorful mixture of cilantro, garlic, tequila, lime, and jalapeño.
2–3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat
1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves and stems
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 jalapeño, sliced
4 oz (1/2 cup) tequila
2 tablespoons olive oil
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Place your chicken thighs in a large zip-top bag.
- Combine the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, tequila, olive oil, honey, and salt in the carafe of a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag. Shake to ensure that the chicken is well coated and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 3-5 minutes per side or until browned and the chicken is cooked all the way through (165 degrees F).
- Serve with extra cilantro and limes.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: grilled chicken