These italian roast beef sliders are the perfect party appetizer, game day snack or weeknight meal!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly sliced roast beef (or prime rib), as rare as possible
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced banana peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 sesame slider rolls or hawaiian rolls
- horseradish sauce, for dipping
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a medium sauté pan or cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are caramelized and sweet-tasting. Allow them to cool slightly.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan and add the minced garlic, dried herbs, and salt. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- To assemble: Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Using the last tablespoon of butter, grease a 9×13 baking dish. Place all the bottoms of the rolls in the baking dish. Layer in the sliced beef, caramelized onions and banana peppers. Top with the provolone cheese. Place the top portion of the slider buns on top. Brush liberally with the garlic and herb butter. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or so, until the tops of the rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with horseradish sauce for dipping.
- To make the horseradish sauce: mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.