This is one of my favorite go-to noodle dishes. Adding the udon noodles to an otherwise Italian recipe makes such a difference!
- 1 lb. fresh udon noodles
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- minced chives or green onions, for topping
- kosher salt to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until the bacon is crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and transfer to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add the butter and pepper to the pan and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cook the udon noodles in a pot of boiling water, according to package directions, about 3-5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the water. Drain the noodles and add to the pan while still hot. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, heavy cream, and cheese. Pour into the pan over the noodles, and stir constantly over medium-low heat, until the sauce is warmed through. If the sauce is very thick, add the reserved noodle water. Return the bacon to the pan and season to taste with salt. Serve immediately topped with chives or green onions and extra parmesan.
Keywords: weeknight meals, easy recipes