I love a good holiday cocktail and this one is so easy and delicious! It can easily be made non-alcoholic so that everyone can enjoy!
Bourbon Apple Cider Fizz
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz apple cider syrup
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz sparkling wine or sparkling apple cider
- cranberries, for garnish
Apple Cider Syrup
- 4 cups good quality apple cider
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- To make the apple cider syrup: combine apple cider, cinnamon sticks and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 20-30 min) and remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and allow to cool to room temperature. Discard cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the fridge for 1 month.
- To make the cocktail: Combine bourbon, apple cider syrup, lemon juice and a bit of ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a glass with ice. Top with sparkling wine or sparkling apple cider and garnish with cranberries.
This recipe can be multiplied as many times as necessary to make a pitcher. Keep the sparkling wine/cider separate until ready to serve.
If you want a less boozy cocktail, use sparkling apple cider instead of sparkling wine.